HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
[NEWS] Two individuals were spotted fleeing the Tauran General Hospital after one of its patients, Josh Manson, was shot to death. If you see either of these individuals, please notify the police.

Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

"Damn that was a wide river..." Rayne groaned, her white hair dripping wet as she hefted the healer off her back and onto the shore beside her, catching her breath. She lay on her back, staring-or would be staring-up at the gray sky. "Hey," She said, "You awake?"

Last edited by Theseus12 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rating addition)
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Thomas choked, waking up. He looke around, and was startled by the surroundings . "My goodness... It's been awhile since I was in Nature... the job kept me from leaving the City much..." Thomas stumbled to his feet, swayed, and fell back on his butt. "used too much power..." he muttered. "Idiot." he looked at the orc. "Um... what's your name, anyway?" he wanted to thank her, though he wasn't sure why. and he also wanted to apologize. "I ugh, I got a little carried away. healed more than your hand on accident. got distracted. doesn't happen that often. did anyone ever tell you you have soft hands? what kinda lotion do you use? my mother would be jealous."
Back to top Go down
http://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com/forum
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Rayne blinked at the soft hands comment and said nothing. She got up, almost stepping on the healer as she picked him up and carried him a little further up the shore, her armor heavy with water. She sat him down not too far from the bank and, feeling the spot first, sat down next to him. She took her boot off and turned it over, dumping out a small fish with a bucket full worth of water. She moved onto the next one, this one having two fish instead of one. "Dinner," She sniffed disdainfully.
"The name's Rayne Arress." She fumbled over the ground to find the fish, who had already flopped their way back down to the water. Hearing the water sift as they returned to the river, she frowned.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Thomas blinked. "wow, that's... a very pretty name. not the name I would expect to belong to a bounty hunter, really." he fidgeted with his hands. after seeing her fumble over the fish, he moved to the water.he stuck his hand in, using a trick he learned awhile back. his submerged hand glowed blue, and an old, fat fish that was hurt slowly swam to it. it carressed his hand, and he lightly squeezed it, bringing up a 7 pound catfish from the water with his bare hands. "works every time." he walked over to her, giving her the fish, they're fingers brushing for the barest of seconds. "I beleive that you better go before they start hunting you down on a kidnapping charge. the humans don't take too kindly to it, even if I was to forgive you, they would still persecute you becuase of your heritage." hesitantly, he wrapped his arms around her. "Nice meeting you, Rayne." he let go, and started to walk off.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 am

As the healer began walking away an Orcish Arrow whizzed past his head, just over his shoulder. "And where do you think you are going?" The half Orc had her bow and arrow still pointed straight at him. "Another step away I'll let it slither through your heart."
She came up to him, her Orcish ears perked and twitched to every little sound. "You know what they do to witnesses in my country?" She hissed softly, right beside his ear. "They skin them. You're lucky I am not my father." With that she wrapped a leg around his from behind in an attempt to trip him. She would then kneel down fast and press a hand to his chest, holding his hands down. She took a rope out from a pack she carried on her side and went to bind his hands in a knot that only LOOKED more complex that it actually was. "You're not going anywhere, Healer."
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Thomas was surprised by the arrow. he was further surprised by the whole, getting tripped up and tied up, bit. Thomas loved her form while she did it. Ver ygraceful for somone who was blind, and a hell of a shot. At her remark, his mouth went ahead and said something against his better judgement. "Of course not, especcially while I'm trussed up like the swine my own species think I am. Healer? yeah, I am one. liked? not really. I guess it's because one of my ancestors was a troll." Thomas grimaced. "why they need to have such prejudices is beyond me, but here's the thing. they might care less if you deal with me the way your father would, but at the same time, they might be mad because you did it to a citizen of the Republic." Thomas spat, both to get some dirt out of his mouth and to convey his disgust for the concept. "I persoally don't agree with it, but who listens to some Troll Spawn?" Thomas didn't make the name up, either. it was a name that was givane to any tall member of his family since the Great War. "You probably hate me because I have more Human blood than Orc or Troll blood. It wouldn't surprise me." he relaxed as she started to tie his hands in front of him. ok, she was the business type. "I'm... sorry for snapping at you in the hospital. I didn't know that guy you killed was that blasted child murderer. if I had, I swear I would have thanked you.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 am

Rayne made him sit against a tree. "Does it look like I care about race, Healer? I can barely tell what breed you are anyways." She kneeled down and felt along the ground, scuffing a hole in the dirt and putting some wood down from nearby. She took two flint stones from her pocket and, looking like she was staring straight at Thomas, made a spark onto the wood, causing it to burst into flames. She impaled the fishes onto sticks and set them up over the fire. Leaving them to cook she went over to the Healer and bent down slowly.
She pressed her face to the Healers hair and inhaled deeply. She remained there a moment before standing up again and sitting back down by the fire. "Ah, so you are mundane. I smell the Troll in you too. Must be tall." She quirked an eyebrow at him. "I'd say I forgive you but I've yet to decide that for sure. What your name, Healer?"
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:36 am

Thomas watched as she built a fire, fingers flying as she started a flame, building a campfire. By the gods, she's awesome, the human(ish) thought. He studied her silently, watching her fingers, her positions, her posture and form. he wanted to learn how to build a campfire sometime. he also studied her methods for cooking a fish. what happened next, however, he was fairly certain wasn't normal camping behaviour for anyone with sight. Namely, she started sniffing his hair, as though it held some secret that her nose was wanting to find. eventually, she stopped, and sat by the campfire, confirming aloud his heritage. "I wouldn't exactly lie to you about that." Thomas stated simply. on her comment on forgiveness, he smiled softly. he snapped at her in the hospital, she kidnapped him and currently, he was trussed up against a tree. He figured that made them about even. he didn't need her forgiveness. if she gave it to him, he'd be appreciatve, but in his book, the score was settled.

She asked after his name. Thomas didn't se any harm in giving out his name. after all, what was the worse that could happen? if she wanted to kill him, she wouldn't have waited till she and he were alone. she would have killed him, right next to that one dude that murdered children. "I'm Thomas, Thomas Kirtley." he thought for a while as he watched her sit by the fire. "I'm aware that, by your father's standards, anyway, I should currently be skinless, screaming on the ground, bleeding and dying as you're walking off looking for your next bounty." he took a breath. "my only question is... why didn't you?"
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 am

Rayne stared sightlessly at the flames, remaining quiet despite his question. Finally, she sighed and ran her hands through her white hair. "My father, he... tell me to come here to learn to be more 'Human,' yes? He said it is what my mother wanted. Besides it is late, I'd rather not poke around for another bounty quite yet. I am quite tired..." She rubbed at her leg, which still bled profusely from the bullets in it.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Thomas frowned. she was still wounded? he was feeling tired. if he went over board with his powers again, he could possibly die. but he didn't care. this woman, half orc or not, had stuck up for him. sure, she tied him up later, but there's no need for details at this moment. the fact of the matter was, she was hurt, he was a healer. he healed friend and foe alike, if he had the chance. he didn't see a difference. wounded were wounded. Thomas was raised to identify only three kinds of people, and to discriminate by such:Healthy, Wounded, and Dead. Healthy people, good for them. Wounded, help them. Dead, nothing you can do, man. Thomas looked at her, and spoke. "If you want, I can fix that leg up."
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 pm

"I don't need help, I'm perfectly fine on my own," She spat at him, her orcish ears twitching in irritation. "I suppose because I'm going blind you think I'm weak? Bah!" She took the fishes off of the fire and set them aside to cool, sighing. "I don't need to prove myself to you, Healer.... Thomas was your name, yes?" Her hands worked quickly on gutting and scaling the fishes.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Thomas had a start. "I meant no offense. I merely wanted to heal your leg. your eyes had nothing to do with it. I know you're not helpless, however. You clean fish better than my father can, for one. you weild those knives better than I ever could a sword, much to my father's dissapointment." when she mentioned 'proving herself', he frowned. "i'm sorry, I didn't know I was asking you to prove yourself." he walked toward her gently, and then fell forward. "curse my clumsy feet." he picked himself up, and sat next to Rayne by the fire. "So... besides being a bounty hunter, do you have any sort of occupation?"
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:27 pm

"I hunt," Rayne answered simply, staring straight ahead with half closed eyes. "I guess I collect too. Though the books I look for are too rare..." She stood up, wincing as she limped over to her pack, brought out some plates, and came back to rest the fish on them. "And you? Besides being a healer?" She stabbed at the fish with a fork and cautiously began eating, having to feel around her plate before digging in. She untied his hands and tied one to a large rock so that he could feed himself.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Thomas crossed his legs, and set his plate in his lap. he picked up his fork and ate quietly as she did so herself. when she asked her question, he didn't hesitate to answer. she didn't seem to mind learning the truth about him. "I read alone. noone really liked me becuase of my heritage, and so I didn't have any friends. they all figured I would 'grind their bones to make my bread,' and other such nonsense. Do trolls even really do that?" he chuckled quietly. "It's funny, I've been around my own kind all my life, and the closest thing I have to a friend is the bounty hunter that's only half a human. not like being human is special, or anything..." Thomas trailed off into silence, numbly eating his fish. "So have you found any? You know, you're books? I've got a book in my backpack. I dunno if you like fiction, but it's very nice in my opinion."
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:50 pm

"I collect tomes on summoning that are written in Braille. Not easy to find, I must say." She chuckled at the troll comment. "Actually, that assumption is approximatley 500 years off. All the Trolls I know have a taste for classical music and a keen eye for weaponry. We are indeed somewhat brutish, my country," She admitted. "But we are not barbarians."
She set her plate aside and sighed. She took her dagger out of its sheathe and stood over Thomas ominously.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 pm

"I can beleive that." Thomas said. when she replied on his troll comment, he had to stifle a laugh. "I'll be sure to tell those enlightned idiots that. I'm sorry for givig such a rascist comment to..." he fell silent as she stood over him, a knife in her hand. thomas gulped. here came the part where she dealt with the witness. "Well, I suppose I'm some sort of liability to you, aren't I? I'm a healer, not a fighter. I don't even like to fight. if I need to, I will, but I won't here. very basic reasons why not to. for one, there's no point in fighting sonone when I am sitting with my hand tied to a rock, no weapons, and my aggressor is standing over me with a knife. Second off, I am fairly certain that you are one that enjoys doing your job, namely, bounty hunting, failry well, and are not really one whom would kill in cold blood. leastways, you wouldn't enjoy it. therefore, I shall wait, and let you get this done as cleanly as possible." to help with tis, Thomas lifted his throat before he uttered what he beleived would be his last words. "May the Stars watch over you, Rayne Arress." Thomas closed his eyes, expecting to feel cold steel.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 pm

In response, Rayne slowly lifted the dagger.... then...
"What are you talking about? I was just handing this to you." She held the sheathe of her dagger in his direction. "Hold onto this for me will you?" She muttered under her breath, "Drama queen..."
She sat down next to him. "I'll need your eyes to dig the bullets out."
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Thomas took her hand in his, mentally remarking(again) on how soft her hands were before he guided her hand to the first bullet hole. as she worked on that, he looked at her, admiring the build of her jaw. very nice build, in his opinion. the brute strength of the Orc race melded beautifully with the structure of the human race, taking the weaker parts of the human skeletal structure, and strengthening the, and taking the rougher parts of the Orc's posture, and refining them. He looked at her build. she was tougher than he ever was. he then heard the plate clink as the first bullet came out. he saw her grimace, and hesitantly took his arm, and moved it around her, patting her side with his hand as he moved her hand to the next gunshot wound, trying to comfort her.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Rayne, obviously not seeing his admiration, concentrated on digging this bullet out. It was particularly deep... almost to the bone. Her eyes were tight with pain and she whimpered, unable to get it out. "Healer..." She asked in a trembling voice, handing him the dagger. "Please, aid me. I can't get it out..."
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:09 am

Thomas took the knife, twirling it into a grip he was comfortable with. he gently inserted the knife in, and gently dug in the tip of the knife. obviously, it was too deep to get it out without cutting it a little wider. he decided to let her know this. "Ok, I am going to make a cut into your leg, widening the wound so I can better access the bullet. this will probably hurt you quite a bit, as there is a lot of nerve damage. here goes..." Thomas sliced open her leg, just an inch wide incision, before he dug in, getting the bullet out in no time at all. he set the bloody knife down on his jeans, and set his glowing finger to the one wound, healing up the extra damage he caused. not even a scar remained. he handed her the knife again. "in case you want to do the last one," he took her hand gently, and guided it to the last bullet wound in her leg, and let her work on it. she probably had some kind of personal pride thing from her people. he left her alone with the bullet, only using his hand to guide her to the wound. he other hand moved upward, till it rested on the bare arm of her shoulder. he squeezed in a gentle way, telling her she was doing fine without actually telling her. he caught a wiff of her hair. not intentionally, like when she sniffed him, but he caught the scent. her hair actually smelled like a mixture of pine needles and blackberries. he heard the clink of the last bullet. "cool. I dunno, do you want to let them heal naturally, or..." he didn't know wether or not Orcs were proud of there scars.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:35 am

Rayne bit down on her hand in pain when he dug the bullet out and screamed in pain when he cut her. The noise was muffled by her hand and she relaxed when he went to heal her. She plucked the last bullet out with ease and sighed, falling back. "Heal it..." she murmured, sighing.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 am

Thomas quickly ignited his hand, placing it on her leg,and started to drag it down the length of her leg, healing any shock the bullets might have done that might not haee been noticed. as he dragged his hand, he gently massaged the muscle, encouraging blood flow. for some reason, he felt protective of Rayne. sure, she was supposed to have skinned him, but she didn't. what's more, she seemed more relaxed with his arm over her shoulder. it just... felt right. eventually, the leg was ealed. he removed his hand, delaying only to tug down the legging to cover the leg once more. "there. You'll be chasing bounties in no time." Thomas moved his arm, feeling like there was a Zone to be on her friend list, and he was outside it.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 am

Rayne stretched her leg gently and nodded. "My thanks, Healer. You are of quite some use..." She sighed. "Now I must tell you though, I'm afraid I cannot let you go. You are a witness, therefore, a liability... You understand what this means, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 am

thomas nodded silently, his head down. then he remembered her eyes. "Erm, yes I do. it means you have two options. Either you kill me, short and sweet, or you can take me with you, keeping watch to make sure I don't do anything excessively stupid."
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 am

"Precisely, so..." She paused, blinking. "Since you have helped me..." She raised her knife and brought it down onto his ropes, cutting him free. "You will be allowed to live, however, you are now in service to me. Do you understand, Thomas?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Immortales :: Terra Immortales :: Republic of Humanity :: Tauran :: Vunh River-
Jump to: